Monday, July 10, 2006

Star Jones Reynolds: The Great Debate

Though the Star Jones Reynolds vs. Barbara Walters fight is "oh so last week," a colleauge of mine reopened this can of worms for me with a fresh perspective on Star's departure and Barbara's dealings with it.

My friend said that it's the typical minority woman's struggle. If she demands what she deserves career-wise, she's seen as a bitch. If she doesn't, then she never gets what she's due.

This sparks "The Great Debate":
Was Star ousted partly because she was a demanding, successful minority woman?

SPEAK UP! This issue affects us all, and if professional minority women continue to face this "trap", we have to discuss how we can overcome it and get the success we all deserve!

If you missed Barbara's announcement about Star leaving the view, check it out here.

Check out Star's response to the rift between her and Barbara on The Today Show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two sides of the story. I understand where Stone Jones is coming from she thought that it was her right to tell the public she was leaving when she felt like it. She knew her contract was not going to be renewed, so she had plenty of time to do get her act together.
I do not believe that it was a race issue or because she was successful. She was annoying always talking about her weeding, and after her husband. People just got tired of her. There is probably something deeper, most likely something to do with her personality. Race is not always an issue...

Anonymous said...

I heard that Starr and Walters had agreed to make the announcement jointly on the show. Starr upscaled the whole event to get attention and make an issue out of her leaving.

Actually, I am surprised she has lasted as long as she has. She has become increasingly annoying since she lost her weight. I lived outside of the country for 2 years. I did not know she had lost the weight nor married until I returned last year. I was shocked to see how unattractive she has become not only physically but as a person. I did not care for her when the show started. She only got worse with time. She has an attitude that needs to be knocked down a bit.
It has nothing to do with race or being an aggressive woman. It has to do with the person - herself. I will not miss her in the least. She can go to Fox and join the other loud mouth nasty individuals.