Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mother-Daughter Relationships: Giving Our Moms The Thanks They Deserve

In honor of Mother's Day, which is quickly approaching on May 14th, here's an article about how to mend Mother-Daughter relationships (a short, good read for everyone!): Click Here for Article

This past weekend, a mother who is a friend of my family told me that every mother lives through her daughter. I asked her why this was, and she basically told me that as daughters, we are given the opportunity to do what our mother's wish they had done in their youth. Because our mothers identify so strongly with their daughters, in some shape, form, or fashion, their urging us to do certain things can irk the living heck out of us...at times. But we still love them and they still did a great job with all of us.

So, in honor of Mother's Day, let's give a little thanks to all of our Moms...give a shout out to your Mom on our comment board saying "Mom, thanks for...." and then send your post to your Mom BEFORE Mother's Day, whether handwritten or in an email. It's always nice to get a note of gratitude, especially for a job that doesn't get a lot of thanks...don't you think?

I hope everyone can at least give 1 note of thanks to your mom. I'll start!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Mom - Thanks for all the laughs! Whether you were "Sally" (our best friend, NOT our mom) and gave us good advice on boys, or whether you were MOM, and gave us bad advice on boys...well, not the advice we wanted....THANKS! No one had as much fun as we did as kids....and no one ever will! :-)

...I'm emailing this to her now...if she sends a funny comment, I'll post it later today! Ciao!

Anonymous said...

My mom's in heaven now; however,I am grateful for how God gave me personal time with her before she passed away. During that time, I was able to apologize for anything of the past, continually show & tell her how much I love her, gain an understanding of her as a person and just spend that q.t. together. Her mom is still alive, and I enjoy Grandma. The stories she tells me gives even greater insight to my mother's upbringing and all she endured before bringing me into the world.

This is a timely topic and appropriate time to right any wrongs you may have with mama or just time to say how much you care. Not all moms are perfect, but they have special gifts within them that belong to you. So, if anyone's in a beef with your mom, please try to find an avenue of peace with her.

Mom - I love you, girl. You taught me well and showed such an example of righteousness. I wished I could have held onto you a little longer; however, I've learned that angels are on assignments.

Lori said...

My mom said this..."LOL. You are too funny. I love and always will love you guys. Thanks for thinking of me!"

She thinks she's all fancy for using email shorthand language (LOL)...and she used to tell me "I never want to learn how to use email!". GO MOM! :-)